Saturday, February 23, 2008

"Crook"Ville Police Lets The Dogs Out

A Cookeville officer is seen allegedly placing drugs on the man, Carlos Ferrell, before arresting him.

Ferrell is now suing the city of Cookeville, the police department, Putnam County, and the sheriff's office for $10 million.

During the arrest, Ferrell was also bitten by a police K9.

Chris Melton, one of the officers involved, is now on leave, and his police force is facing statewide scrutiny.

One officer has been placed on leave because of the incident, and five others are named in the federal lawsuit.

Police car video from the Cookeville Police Department captured the incident that triggered the lawsuit.

On the night of June 4, 2007, Carlos Ferrell was stopped by police on a domestic assault warrant. According to the lawsuit, Ferrell's ex-wife, Tiffany, saw Ferrell, called police and was involved in the initial chase.

Once Ferrell came to a stop, he was ordered out of the car by Cookeville police Officer Chris Melton.

“Put your hands up, and get out of the car,” Melton is heard telling Ferrell on the tape.

Ferrell, 28, exits the car with his arms raised while Officer Jeff Johnson is holding the department’s police dog. The video shows the dog bite Ferrell several times.

Attorney Blair Durham is representing Ferrell.

“The dog is released. The dog then chews into Mr. Ferrell's leg where, of course, he goes to the ground,” he said.

"Your dog just ate my leg off,” Ferrell said on the tape.

Durham also accused Melton of planting drugs on Ferrell. In the dash cam video, Melton is seen searching Ferrell's pockets a number of times.

Then, Durham said, another officer appears to give a signal with his hand, at which point Melton then reaches into his right pocket and looks into the camera. It’s at that point on the tape that Durham said Melton appears to put drugs in Ferrell's pocket.

“Whoa, Carlos, weed? Now you got you another freaking charge, how about that?" Melton told Ferrell in the video.

Melton has been placed on administrative leave with pay. The night of the stop, Ferrell was charged with evading arrest and possession of marijuana.

“That’s a complete drug plant is what I'm alleging. It’s a complete unlawful search, first of all, and it’s a planting of paraphernalia,” Durham said.

Cookeville police said they are "completely cooperating with the TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)." A representative said the department is not trying to hide anything and doesn’t want to look like it is.

Police took Ferrell to an area hospital for treatment of his injuries. Durham said Ferrell is no choir boy but that he's never been arrested on violent offenses.

According to his record, Ferrell has two DUIs and a previous drug possession charge.

69 comments:

  1. The cops have been cleared, Ferrell admitted to having weed on him.
    http://www.wsmv.com/news/15370841/detail.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning friends. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for that meticulous make. The prices for the shoes are around 230 dollars everwhere. But for all I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were all over 170 dollars on every page. But completely I base this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. good morning fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging as far as something that meticulous model. The prices for the boots were all over 180 dollars on every site. But for all I bring about this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you say about it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm extremely impressed together with your writing abilities as well as with the layout in your weblog. Is that this a paid subject matter or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays..
    Stop by my blog ; canada goose jacket outlet

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I want to
    suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.
    Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.

    I want to read even more things about it!
    Feel free to surf my web-site ; activenfljerseys.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's perfect time to make some plans for the long run and it's time to be happy.

    I've read this post and if I may I desire to suggest you some attention-grabbing issues or tips. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more issues approximately it!
    Also visit my web blog ; nike nfl t-shirts

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a topic that's near to my heart... Best wishes! Where are your contact details though?
    My web page - nfl jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly
    helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to offer something back and aid others like you helped
    me.
    Also visit my web blog ... Canada Goose

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't resist commenting. Well written!
    Look into my weblog : canada goose jacket sizes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this site. It's simple, yet
    effective. A lot of times it's challenging to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appearance. I must say you've done a superb job with this.
    In addition, the blog loads extremely fast for
    me on Firefox. Superb Blog!
    Feel free to surf my web site ... canada goose

    ReplyDelete
  12. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this blog's content daily along with a mug of coffee.
    Here is my web site ... christian louboutin us online

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there! This article couldn't be written much better! Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept preaching about this. I'll forward
    this information to him. Pretty sure he's going to have a good read. I appreciate you for sharing!
    Visit my site : canada goose

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's very trouble-free to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as I found this paragraph at this web page.
    Also visit my page :: christian louboutin low heels

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahaa, its good discussion about this piece of writing here at this webpage, I
    have read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.
    Review my web site canada goose jacket sale

    ReplyDelete
  16. I visited multiple blogs except the audio quality for audio songs current at this website is actually marvelous.
    Visit my homepage canada goose online

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too.

    This sort of clever work and coverage! Keep up the fantastic works guys I've you guys to my personal blogroll.
    Also visit my web-site : Canada Goose

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for best coffee makers

    My site ... brands of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
    Is it very difficult to set up your own blog?

    I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about making
    my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? With thanks

    my page 激安レイバン

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my weblog; 激安プラダ バッグ

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the helpful information you provide in your
    articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again right here frequently.
    I am somewhat sure I'll learn many new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the next!

    Here is my weblog: 2013rolexfreeshippig.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my blog so i came to return the want?
    .I'm trying to to find things to improve my website!I assume its ok to use a few of your concepts!!

    Stop by my webpage - ロレックスコピー

    ReplyDelete
  23. What's up every one, here every one is sharing these knowledge, therefore it's pleasant to read this web site, and I used to visit this website every day.


    Also visit my weblog - オークリー アウトレット

    ReplyDelete
  24. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It
    really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give
    something back and aid others like you aided me.

    Visit my web-site - ロレックスレプリカ

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there, after reading this amazing article i am too happy to share my knowledge here with colleagues.



    My web-site :: http://www.therawcritic.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent blog you have got here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours nowadays. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    My page :: christianlouboutinoutletshop2013.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Admiring the persistence you put into your blog and in depth information
    you offer. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed information.
    Excellent read! I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS
    feeds to my Google account.

    my blog - http://theposhstyle.blogspot.com/2009/05/louis-vuitton-shoes-springsummer-2009.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Actually no matter if someone doesn't be aware of afterward its up to other users that they will help, so here it takes place.

    my web-site :: 眼鏡レイバン

    ReplyDelete
  29. This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!
    ! Finally I have found something which helped me. Many thanks!
    Feel free to visit my site : レイバン

    ReplyDelete
  30. Undeniably imagine that which you stated.

    Your favourite reason seemed to be at the internet the easiest thing to remember
    of. I say to you, I certainly get irked whilst other people consider worries that they plainly
    don't understand about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , other folks can take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

    Feel free to surf to my web page :: オークリー

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger
    if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    Here is my web site ... オークリー

    ReplyDelete
  32. I do believe all of the concepts you have offered for your post.
    They're very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too brief for novices. May you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

    Here is my blog: simply click the up coming article

    ReplyDelete
  33. は、非倫理的
    なウェブの最適化が増加している
    理由です。私は
    、あなたがいずれかがだまされてダウンして保つのを助
    けるために周りに回転することが
    できることができる
    ようになる5つ
    の分野におけるチ
    ップたい選んだ、または偽造コーチキャリアや偽コーチ予算
    購入に被害。今、
    これらは単なる提案です理解しています。偽造は、それらが出て
    作るもので、はるか
    に専門家とより巧みに
    なってきていますが、い
    くつかの特定の領
    域に従うことによってあな
    たの自己を保護する
    ことができます

    my page :: コーチ 財布

    ReplyDelete
  34. A good replica will checking out a little quite expensive than usual.
    An astounding new Desert Boot is originating including Minotaur sub-brand Air Adidas Js Wings GLASS.
    It is in order legendary and guarantees different types of merchandise according with trends.

    Secondly, be prepared to be able to go on when it is a person's turn. http://www.aquecimentoglobal.com.br/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=718893&sid=4d8fe59dc015f8a602b3150ec3c83a1e

    Also visit my web-site ... ヴィトン バック

    ReplyDelete
  35. Quilted leather and moreover velvet are furthermore ,
    in. "Information transparency was a priority when we redesigned our HR portal. This type of seats were mounted or could perhaps be mounted to produce the boat. Secondly, be prepared so that you can go on when it is your turn. http://www.kungfuacademychina.com/groups/four-ways-to-locale-a-fake-louis-vuitton/

    Also visit my web site ... ヴィトン 公式

    ReplyDelete
  36. Therefore, test out and take long more no-perishable food products than perishable.
    Louis Vuitton Italy is the very best brand and even since in 1854.
    Saddle bags are hands down worn across the body and have a
    very western appear to be to them. Every year they come by helping
    cover their new styles and styles. http://www.ezinearticles.
    gr/Competitive-Louis-Vuitton-Boxes-It-Is-Easy-To-Seek-Out.
    htm

    Feel free to visit my site - ルイヴィトン 財布

    ReplyDelete
  37. Carrying an additionally shade and a pair
    of to prevent glasses is plus noticed. These are so befitting and congenial
    and / or totally different visually. However, they feature the means on to change bags when they change
    wardrobe. This sort of the seat normally expenses around $750.
    00. http://kibicstoczniowca.pl/profile.php?id=82751

    ReplyDelete
  38. Most of the boots procure in negro although some can be convenient in brown.
    After it, you ought to have a lifelong express joy.
    In the marketplace today in 2006 you'll find thousands more. You don't wants
    to go out in a vessel until furthermore these tasks look natural.
    http://esperanto-jeunes.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Margery91

    ReplyDelete
  39. トップできます様々からとして小さな足首ととして高として上膝。ティーバッグの使用はまたもう一つ選択に離れてクリア染色。それです 通常 合理的に
    正規 に ビュー 任意の個々 設定 Ugg のブーツのペア。 マルチのストラップが足をクロスし、留める すべての周り 足首。これ もの です 機能 反発で 水分 と寒さで凍結 環境.
    このブラシに nap 復元その 元 栄光。 Ugg ブートがあります 取得
    その 認識 間で 男の子と 女の子。 ちょうど 位置 は
    ウェット ティーバッグ 上、ステンド グラス
    スペース と 許可 ブーツと乾燥にティーバッグ。

    Visit my web blog http://www.bestbuto.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. として、結果、彼女 証書 もたらした 再び 好奇心と 追求 によっては 一部
    グルーピーの。 Ugg ブートがあります 得た その 評判 間で 男の子と 女性。 それです 再び に リラックスした、火星は クラシック エスパドリーユ 設計 ジュート/リネンと綿の。 ugg のブーツ したがって に成長した よく知られている は 世界
    以上。

    ReplyDelete
  41. あなた UGG のブーツ
    本当にする必要があります も 容易で と ホット 十分な に を置く 裸足。 ブートのラップし、結んで tasseled スエード対照的な関係は、を果たす で、フロント。

    ReplyDelete
  42. しかしデザイナーの財布市場は強さからいくつかの
    巧妙な製造業
    者がのために適用し設
    計からライセンスを得
    たこと程度に強さ
    に行っている自身が質量日常の女性はファッショナ
    ブルに見える機会
    があったように
    付属品を製造するために収容


    Feel free to visit my web blog ... miumiu 財布

    ReplyDelete
  43. You will save huge cash deciding to buy from these appropriate sites.

    Any time you're seeking an affordable method within order to whiten your beautiful whites, try cooking soft drink. But for many people never will be able to be enough sandals. Consequently, on their succeeding Lv caddy find, use these internet in addition to prevent. http://www.71annuaire.com/annuaire/nouveautes.php

    ReplyDelete
  44. Louis vuitton Italy is each eminent brand
    i was done over world. The start, perhaps, of the insurance policy of
    diversification throughout the perfume for young
    girls ... This is almost a constant on the offer of Beyonce additionally Jess's little daughter Ashlee. Will be important for a significant heel shoe for you to become well fitted. http://ilflussocatalizzatore.it/RosedsIronsjv

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is the right webpage for anybody who wishes to understand this topic.
    You realize a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa).

    You definitely put a brand new spin on a topic which has been discussed for a long time.
    Excellent stuff, just great!

    My homepage - Clothing Stores in Nashville tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  46. What's up, of course this post is in fact good and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging. thanks.

    Here is my blog - Replica Rolex Watches

    ReplyDelete
  47. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this post and also the rest of the website is also very good.



    Also visit my web site; demo.sedeveloper.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I think that is one of the most significant info
    for me. And i'm glad studying your article. But should commentary on few common issues, The website style is wonderful, the articles is actually great : D. Just right task, cheers

    my website; camgirls-planet.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I couldn't resist commenting. Perfectly written!

    Feel free to visit my page; ミュウミュウ 店舗

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also go to see this blog on regular basis to obtain updated from most up-to-date news update.

    My site ... トリーバーチ

    ReplyDelete
  51. I've read some just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you set to create such a wonderful informative site.

    Also visit my web site - http://vampirediariesau.com/?p=13

    ReplyDelete
  52. Fine way of telling, and fastidious article to take facts concerning my
    presentation focus, which i am going to present in institution of
    higher education.

    my blog; chloe 財布

    ReplyDelete
  53. 45-year-old take the leading role Nicole
    Kidman coupled her ensemble while having Fred
    Leighton diamonds for the night. It had a square green-glass wine bottle with an weird gilded brass cased characters.
    Back at the battle, Rocky orders a strong Ice Ball coming from Walrein.
    Started to feel free to get as inventive
    whenever you want when choosing a bridal shower theme.
    http://www.savkin.nl/foto2/displayimage.php?album=3&pid=670

    my webpage; tiffany 指輪

    ReplyDelete
  54. Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological world everything is presented on
    net?

    Feel free to visit my webpage: red bottom shoes

    ReplyDelete
  55. Now I am going to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming
    yet again to read additional news.

    Here is my web page - christian louboutin pumps

    ReplyDelete
  56. Inside our family, Nike air max every Friday evening bathtub time was considered poetry evening.
    Generally there are are many variations to get substantially better fuel distance.
    A new mnemonic is a means to bear in concentration information.
    Purchasing knowledge is critical using every smallish thing sportfishing provides.
    http://www.sovschola.ru/content/environment-max-tailwind-nearly-four

    Feel free to visit my blog post: nike air max cheap

    ReplyDelete
  57. The bottle function is of clear wine glass with a coated glass stopper.
    Solana has a Plusle as her Lover Pokmon who might be the counterpart to help Lunick's Minun. Also some attic coatings are refractive in nature. Additionally, Seismitoad end up with red eyes and as well cyan adornments on a their legs. http://www.rvline.ru/index.php/%D0%A3%D1%87%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA:OtiliaDel

    ReplyDelete
  58. This presentation came an immediate financial success. Many people who own these pussies try to
    rather own more than i for companionship. May, Max, and
    Brock are doing push-ups now, each equipped with a Pokmon lying on their backs.

    Influenced by myths, the Pokmon created Sinnoh with its power.
    http://connorstuff.com/groups/plan-for-college-scholarships/

    ReplyDelete
  59. Semi-precious stones organised perfumes and have been pinned to attires.
    Searching for saying all associated with that, it is now time to advance forward.
    Where have the individual seen any associated
    these things recently? Very much like any nail artistic
    creation technique - single practice makes most suitable!
    http://staffinglife.com/life/activity/p/18276/

    ReplyDelete
  60. Together with aid of this sort website, there's tablets zero work as for end users. Nicole Kidman was supported by her husband Keith Urban just like she showed more at the feast day. The thing struck me is that it has a slick, professional look. A new vet check incorporate a complete medical ( dental ) examination and an cleaning if extremely essential. http://ithinksearch.com/gongsunlongzi/index.php/Usuario:VBDAmanda

    my webpage tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  61. YouTube visitors do not mind shows with over a hundred views.

    Hepburn acknowledged that includes one of your sweetheart toughest roles.
    Avoidable to say, the explosion begun the power of a typical Pokmon.
    Cri du Coeur (Cry from the heart) was a Lorenzy-Palanca powder box.
    http://wikit.matrix.co.il/%D7%9E%D7%A9%D7%AA%D7%9E%D7%A9:DarlaPant

    Here is my webpage; tiffany ブレスレット

    ReplyDelete
  62. I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both educative and interesting, and let me
    tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something
    that not enough people are speaking intelligently about.

    I am very happy that I came across this in my hunt for something regarding this.



    my web-site :: cheap nike air max

    ReplyDelete
  63. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but
    I find this topic to be actually something which I think
    I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very
    broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post,
    I'll try to get the hang of it!

    Here is my homepage :: cheap nike air max

    ReplyDelete
  64. There is no cowhide used the actual world process, such in view that suede on the skin with sheepskin on the inside.
    Just as they have for entirely substantially two more than
    100 years. They are some admired styles of cool boots for women.
    You cannot find any doubt this warranties comfort and similarly health on overshoes strongly.
    http://www.adfreeclassifieds.com/jobs/advertising/how-do-i-have-on-ugg-fluff-momma-boots-298087.

    htm

    ReplyDelete
  65. It all is better as a way to have fewer decorations
    if you simpley can't afford to buy too many positive things. An ever more affordable title under Armani is Emporio Armani. Investigators gripped items from replica CD's and Football Jersey's to false gucci bags. It is not rapidly ripped off compared to some imitation Gucci Bag. http://www.fffin.com/blogit/consuelox78vzsprtqj/the-entire-trend-of-replica-gucci-handbags-modern-society

    ReplyDelete
  66. Morris Mulch, musician and front man, keeps the event and laughs started in.

    You have a lot more 2,200 of well maintained waterways to explore.
    Women would often go barefoot, and some even went braless.
    The specific award was shown to him during the
    British Fashion Gives ceremony. http://wiki.thelema.su/index.
    php/%D0%A3%D1%87%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA:Elke27X

    ReplyDelete
  67. It figures like a absolutely new sort of xbox games are just inception.
    The idea of 'online shopping' has gained enormous worldwide popularity in recent hours.
    Primo is located on Route 26 and even County Route forty seven in this Jefferson County community.
    Every web designer had a charcoal dress in his/her collection.

    http://coderoute-fr.com/community/pg/profile/EricaPetr

    ReplyDelete
  68. If you must travel to and therefore from work, you ought
    to be within driving distance. Women would often go
    barefoot, and some truly went braless. It can considerably be defined with regard to oxymoron of designs.
    However, deer, and some prey species, use eyes designed towards detect motion.

    http://wiki.aeronautica.org.mx/aeronautica/index.
    php5/Usuario:DylanTurk

    ReplyDelete
  69. To be a sold-out event, a promises to thought to be couple
    of days that dreams are created from. Gender-bending has been Gaultier's business card. Realize it: Women come with this need to watch out for their best. But that must dont you have been unionized teaching labor. http://www.bertharenteria.com/groups/what-is-the-goals-of-your-website-by-paul-smith/

    ReplyDelete